For winter use on 4x4 vehicles
Conti4x4WinterContact is the perfect winter tyre for 4x4/SUV vehicles. Designed specifically for use during the winter months (when temperatures drop below 7ºC), the advanced silica compound gives excellent traction and braking performance on cold, frosty/icy and even wet winter roads. Wide circumferential tread grooves give high protection against aquaplaning and its low rolling resistance ensures economical fuel consumption.
- Exceptional traction and braking performance
- Outstanding driving stability - even on snow-covered roads
- Excellent driving comfort and quiet ride
- Excellent resistance to aquaplaning
Continental SSR Tires
SSR stands for SelfSupportingRunflat Tire
The SSR principle:
Unlike conventional tires, the SSR principle is based on a reinforced self-supporting sidewall. This prevents the inside of the tire from getting pinched between the road and the rim and from slipping into the rim well in the event of a loss of inflation. The SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) for up to 80 km (50 miles), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight.
Communication between tire and driver
Because of the good riding comfort SSR tires afford, drivers hardly notice any pressure loss in the event of a flat, to increase both safety in the event of a flat and performance during normal driving, the SSR system is supplied together with an inflation warning system – either TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) or DDS (Deflation Detection System), both of which were likewise developed by Continental. These warning systems alert the driver when a drop in inflation pressure requires investigation via a display on the instrument panel.
SSR runflat tires offer crucial advantages
- With SSR tires you remain mobile in the event of a flat tire
- You can reach your destination or tire service facility without the bother of having to replace a flat tire with the spare tire
- Compatible with standard rims
- Simple mounting
- Saves room and weight, and thus fuel, giving you as much as 3 cubic feet more cargo area
Delivery time: 2-5 working days 1