The efficiency class label evaluated based on customer preferences.
Delticom centralized survey results from more than 40.000 customers from 15 European countries and created this index.
(The rim on the picture is for illustrative purposes only.)
Michelin Collection ZX
6.40/7.00 SR13 87S
1 x Michelin Collection ZX 6.40/7.00 SR13 87S =190.50 £1 x Castrol 5 Litre Canister =32.42 £
ZX The “X” evolution
Radial technology. The benefits of the radial tyre compared with the standard tyre were visible in all areas:
- greater safety (enhanced road-holding, more grip, shorter braking distances)
- economical to use (significantly increase mileage and reduced fuel consumption)
- increased comfort thanks to sidewall flexibility
In the 1950s, the superiority of the X tyre was such that it was fitted by a numbers of racing drivers, althrough Michelin was not officially involved in car racing at this time. 1968 was the year of ZX development, with even more sipes offering better traction and stability in all weather conditions.
The exact size of a tyre can be found on its sidewall.
The following chart shows you how to read a tyre size.
2. The height as the ratio between the width and the height in %
3. Construction type: "R"= radial (often seen), "D" or "-"= diagonal (rarely seen)
4. The required rim diameter (in inches) for this tyre
5. Load index
6. Speed index